We are currently looking for a Junior Design & Estimating Engineer to assist our Energy division in the production of quotations and pre-installation design services inc Solar, Heat Pumps and Energy Monitoring, based at our Head Office in Uddingston.
About the Role:
• Ability to use PV Sol design software in the production of commercial solar designs
• Ability to use Autocad in producing pre-installation and As-fitted drawings
• Produce quotations using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Understand scope of work, specifications, programmes and cost control of tender documents
• Have an understanding of specifications and drawings
• Understanding of the contract and contract conditions and obligations
• Ability to survey and report on existing buildings
• Have an understanding of current Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and Legislative Requirements
• Ability to check drawings for accuracy and build ability
• Seek advice from specialists as required
• Maintain manual or computerised filing systems
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
• Experience within the renewables industry
• HNC in Electrical Engineering
• Ability to use AutoCAD and the ability to read and interpret drawings
• Ability to produce reports
• Ability to use Microsoft office 365, Word, Excel.
• Capable of working with minimum supervision
• Ability and willingness to travel and work within the office or based on sites as required
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent communications skills
• Full UK Driving Licence
Note, experience, whilst beneficial is not necessary as training will be provided.
If you possess the skills and experience required please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number EE-2082.
Package – Negotiable
Hours are 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am – 3.30pm, Friday.
The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE