Mechanical Contracts Manager
Due to an exciting expansion opportunity within the Yorkshire Region, Emtec Building Services are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Contracts Manager. You will report directly to the Operations Manager. You will be responsible for the commercial and practical delivery of Projects within the region.
Based in Yorkshire, you will be required to deliver the mechanical systems on various sizes (from £100k to £5m of construction projects, which may include new build and refurbishment projects. This may be standalone Mechanical Projects, or as part of a combined Mechanical and Electrical project.
On combined projects, you will be required to be the project delivery lead. Working with an Electrical Project Engineer, you will lead the project to completion including commercial and programming tasks.
About the Role:
- To lead, motivate, manage and control both office and site-based teams to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- To ensure works are carried out to a high standard complying with relevant British Standards and codes of practice
- Sequence and programme works, utilising different programme types.
- Production of pre-construction programmes, construction programmes, commissioning programmes and schedules
- Develop customer relationships and provide excellent customer services.
- To provide tendering facilities for extra project works to suit client requirements.
- Establishing scope of work, specifications, programmes and cost control of sub-contracted works.
- Understand, review and commenting on specifications and drawings
- Understand, review and commenting of the contract and contract conditions and obligations
- Work with other disciplines, Clients, sub-contractors and vendors to produce a successful programme
- Understand and be able to contribute to Total Risk Management
- Ability to survey and report on existing installations
- Have an understanding of current Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and Legislative Requirements
- Ability to check drawings for accuracy and build ability
- Undertake site and works visits as required by the execution of his / her duties
- Production of risk assessments and methods of work to comply with the Health and Safety requirements and legislation
- Control and monitor the production of site labour
- When required, assist in the preparation of tenders for new works
- Take off and requisition materials in a timely manner
- Work with the Quantity Surveyor to produce the costs on any variations
- Report on all aspects of the work scope under their control, including progress, programme and commercial status of the project.
- Other duties as required by the Operations Manager.
About the Candidate:
- Qualified to at least HNC level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent
- Experience of working on contracts with an M & E value in excess of £1m
- Experience in planning and executing programmes for a building services projects
- Detailed commercial, design, financial and project knowledge of multi-discipline contracts.
- Applicants should possess management experience combined with good mechanical technical knowledge.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills – ability to build and maintain effective working relationship/s
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines
- Basic skills and knowledge of AutoCAD and the ability to read and interpret drawings
- Ability to produce reports
- Experience in production of O&M Manuals and drawings
- Capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Ability to lead successfully a project team to achieve pre-set objectives.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work within the office or based on sites as required
- Adept with Microsoft Office programmes
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to produce and deliver presentations
- Hold a relevant degree (BSc, BEng)
- Demonstrate a proven accounts and financial management track record.
- SMSTS qualification
If you think that you have the right experience and personality for this role, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference EBS-2166
The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage employer.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES