Emtec Building Services Midlands Ltd is looking to recruit a Mechanical Project Manager to join our business in Birmingham, reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
Key Accountabilities will include:
• To manage and control site based teams to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Environmental Policy, Quality Assurance and Purchasing.
• The health, safety and well being of our staff and all others we interact with is of paramount importance to all Emtec employees and a solid understanding of HS&E process and of recent legislation is a requirement.
• To ensure works are carried out to high standard complying with relevant British Standards and codes of practice.
• To manage and set firm financial targets to meet established objectives, which will include the reporting of financial status to the General and Commercial Managers.
• To provide tendering facilities for extra project works to suit client requirements.
• To lead, motivate and develop site based teams.
• To develop customer relationships and provide excellent customer service.
• To gain new opportunities through existing and customer base i.e. additional core contracts, extra works.
• To provide technical support to the customer and site based teams utilising central departments, specialist suppliers and sub-contractors.
• To assist with development and training of trainees/apprentices.
• Other duties as required by General and Commercial Managers.
What we require:
• The successful candidate will be qualified to HNC level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent.
• Applicants should possess senior management experience combined with good Mechanical Building Services technical knowledge.
• The schemes we are involved in range in M&E value of circa £1-4million per scheme and experience in these sized schemes is required.
• Detailed commercial, design, financial and project knowledge of multi-discipline contracts ensuring the mechanical and electrical disciplines are dealt with seamlessly.
• Excellent Customer Service Skills – ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to liaise and communicate confidently with all stakeholders including clients, consultants, direct and indirect reports, senior management, supply chain ect is essential.
• High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
• Experience of good procurement practices and ability to prepare and monitor programmes in line with contractual timescales.
• Applicants should also be able to demonstrate a proven accounts and financial management track record.
• Ability to provide effective management skills to site based teams.
• Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service.
• Possess clear and confident written and verbal communication skills as well as having solid IT skills.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 1056-EBS.
Competitive salary, hours will be Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm and Friday, 8.30am to 3.30pm.
The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE