Emtec Building Services Ltd currently require a Mechanical Workshop Supervisor for the Off-Site Manufacturing/Pre-Fabrication facility in Rutherglen.
The position is workshop based, Monday to Thursday 4-day week 38 hours reporting to the Workshop Manager. You may be required to work additional hours as required by the needs of the projects, and on occasions visit site projects.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Fully coheres in understanding heating and water services schematics
• Having the ability to coordinate the workforce to fully build a plantroom from detailed drawings
• Keep production and delivery of manufactured goods in line with project planning
• QA is paramount and keeping records of all manufacturing details up to date
• Capable of organising a workshop workforce and planning in work tasks in advance
• Understanding of specifications and drawings
• Understanding of the contract and contract conditions and obligations
• Work with other disciplines, Clients, sub-contractors and vendors to produce prefabrications
• Have an understanding of and be able to contribute to Total Risk Management, completing weekly tool box talks
• Ability to survey and report on existing installations
• Ability to check drawings for accuracy and build ability
• Seek advice from specialists as required
• Undertake site and works visits as required by the execution of his / her duties
• Production of risk assessments and methods of work to comply with the Health and Safety requirements and legislation
• Control and monitor the production of workshop labour
• Take off and requisition materials in a timely manner
• Monitor and report on programme and progress to workshop Manager
• Report on all aspects of the work scope under his / her control to workshop manager
Knowledge, skills and experience required are:
• Relevant time served HVAC heating engineer (BSc, BEng); HNC; HND or a membership of an Engineering Institute or recognised equivalent
• Experience of working in a workshop environment
• Experience in following planning and deliverables
• Ability to produce production reports by email format.
• Capable of working with minimum management supervision
• Ability and willingness to travel and work within the office or based on sites as required
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent communications skills
• Experience of supervising a minimum of 10 operatives inclusive of welders, heating engineers, labourers
• Must hold valid current ECS/CSCS cards or equivalent
• Experience of using excel spreadsheets
• Driving licence
• First aid certified
If interested in this position, please send your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference 2139- EBS.
The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage Employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE