Due to the continued and planned expansion, Emtec Building Services Midlands are looking to recruit a Mechanical Estimator to enhance the Estimating Department based in Kings Norton Birmingham.
The Mechanical Estimator will support the Estimating Manager and Business Development, working on a variety of opportunities from multi-site to stand alone contracts which are predominately of a Mechanical nature and valuing between 100k–6m. As per the business plan you will be providing estimation support ensuring sales objectives are met.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, bright individual with excellent communication skills.
Key Responsibilities of the role are:
• Managing and preparing detailed Mechanical Estimates within defined timescales for Design & Build Projects, New Build / Refurbishment Projects and Cost Plan / Budgets received from Main Contractors including Housing / Education / Hospital / Leisure Facilities / Office Fitout
• Obtaining and verifying Sub-Contractor quotations for specialist items
• Take off from drawings
• Understanding and interpreting Specifications
• Ensure all Tenders are fully reviewed and presented to the Estimating Manager / Directors prior to submission
• Preparation of Submission to Client
• Attending Post Tender Interviews when required
• Carry Out Client Requirements for any Value Engineering on tenders
• Dealing with Post Tender Queries / Negotiations up to Point of Order
• Preparation of Handover of Estimate to Project Team on Order Placement
• Ensure that all Estimating Procedures are followed
• Assist with approvals process to ensure accordance with company procedures
• Participate in the detailed risk assessment process on all bids
• Develop and maintain a library of outputs and pricing data
• Assist in the production of bids in other parts of the business when necessary
• Act as bid manager where required depending on the value and complexity of the tender
• To undertake, oversee and assist with the production and submission of estimates and tenders
• Application of their own estimating knowledge and principals from their experience in the industry
• Be willing to support the business development function in producing innovative solutions
Requirements of the role are:
• A stable career history with previous experience in a Mechanical Estimator Position
• Excellent Computer Skills
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Previous experience using Estimation Software
• A quick learner with excellent numeracy and literacy skills
• Be able to show great administration and organisational skills
• D&B experience essential
If you think that you have the right experience and personality for this role, then please send your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number 1069-EBS.
The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE