Location: Scotland, North England, Midlands, South West England
Emtec Facility Services are currently looking to recruit M&E and Building Fabric Project Supervisors to deliver remedial works and installation projects in the following regions. Scotland, The North, The Midlands and South West of England to work on a prestigious high street retail contract. You will report directly to the Account Manager. You will be responsible for fulfilling Emtec’s role of the Principal Contractor as described in the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
About the Role:
Plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate the entire construction phase of the projects. This includes:
• Take account of the health and safety risks to everyone affected by the work (including members of the public), in planning and managing the measures needed to control them
• Liaise with the client and principal designer for the duration of the project to ensure that all risks are effectively managed
• Preparing Risk Assessment and Method Statements
• Issuing Permits to Work
• Prepare a written construction phase plan before the construction phase begins, implement, and then regularly review and revise it to make sure it remains fit for purpose
• Have ongoing arrangements in place for managing health and safety throughout the construction phase
• Consult and engage with workers about their health, safety and welfare
• Ensure suitable welfare facilities are provided from the start and maintained throughout the construction phase
• Check that anyone they appoint has the skills, knowledge, experience and, where relevant, the organisational capability to carry out their work safely and without risk to health
• Ensure all workers have site-specific inductions, and any further information and training they need
• Take steps to prevent unauthorised access to the site
• Liaise with the principal designer to share any information relevant to the planning, management, monitoring and coordination of the pre-construction phase
• To keep abreast of current industry and good practice, ensuring existing systems are in line with current developments.
• To attend client meetings which include, but not exclusive to Owners, FM’s, Consultants, Managing Agents.
• To ensure Health and Safety procedures and practices are maintained on all Contracts and at all times ensure all works are carried out in accordance with the Company Procedures.
• To liaise with the Contract Manager, Contract Administrator, Helpdesk and engineers.
• To assist in planning the work load for the branches direct employees.
• To overcome labour resource problems by means of management communication and Planning.
• To maintain a close working relationship with our clients.
• Carry out Tool Box Talks
• Work on your own initiative
• In addition to the above duties you will be expected to undertake all reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager.
• Due to the nature of the client’s business you will be required to have Pre-employment Screening checks carried out to obtain permission to work on their contract.
• Management of sub-contractors
• Preparation of sub-contractor orders
• Project site audits
• Management and control of variations to contracts
• Certify supplier and sub-contractor applications and valuations
• Small works / projects surveying, collation of costs, estimating for the production of quotations and tenders
About the Candidate:
• Experience of working in an M&E and building fabric facilities services project environment
• Capable of working with minimum supervision
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Experienced at collating, producing and managing Construction Phase H&S Plans
• Estimating experience
• Experience in sub-contractor and people management
• Excellent communications and organisational skills
• Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
• Hold a full driving license
• Be willing to travel and stay away from home, when required
• Hold a valid CSCS Card
• Hold a valid SSSTS Card or SMSTS Card
• Experience attending client meetings
• Trade qualified
If you think that you have the right experience and personality for this role, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 2103–EFS.
Closing date 23/10/19
Hours are 8.00am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday
The Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage Employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE