Emtec Building Services are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor within their growing commercial department.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an expanding company within the construction industry with an established construction and estimating team.
You will take control of the commercial aspects of each project, working closely with the project managers and directors to achieve targets. The main focus shall be on:
• Communicating between site, subcontractors and directors
• Processing and monitoring subcontract orders and payments
• Contract administration and cost control
• Interim valuations
• To track progression of live jobs making sure they are minimising cost and enhancing value by tracking of variations and reporting on profitably working closely alongside a site manager to final job completion accounts.
• Cost reporting to directors
• Ensure all contractual aspects of the project are managed.
• Work closely with other commercial team and directors
Requirements for the role are:
• A keen interest in construction and be able to demonstrate good numeric, IT and communication skills.
• Driving licence
• Have degree/honours degree in Quantity Surveying or similar (preferable but not essential)
• Enthusiastic with excellent communication skills and a high attention to detail
• Be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team and have general experience of using Word, Excel and Outlook
• Mechanical & Electrical experience would be an advantage.
If you think you have the right experience and personality for this role, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number 1025-EBS.
Closing date for application 8 December 2017
The Emtec Group is an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage Employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE