Title of Position:
Senior Project Manager
Title Position Reports to:
- To liaise with Emtec Building Services customers, providing them with a quality service with the provision of profitability to the business.
The role will be predominately office based, however, you will be required to work on site as and when necessary
Aims and Objectives
· Deliver work packages safely, within budget, on time and to specification
· Control costs and maintaining profitability
· Customer satisfaction and employee care
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To manage and control site based teams to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Environmental Policy, Quality Assurance and Purchasing
- To ensure works are carried out to high standard complying with relevant British Standards and codes of practice
- To manage and set firm financial targets to meet established objectives, which will include the reporting of financial status to the General and Commercial Managers
- To provide tendering facilities for extra project works to suit client requirements.
- To lead, motivate and develop site based team/s
- To develop customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
- To gain new opportunities through existing and customer base i.e. additional core contracts, extra works, total facilities opportunities
- To provide technical support to the customer and site based teams utilising central departments, specialist suppliers and sub-contractors
- To provide support and training as required to enhance the effectiveness of the business unit and business as a whole
- Other duties as required by General and Commercial Managers
Occasional Allied Duties
- Carry out staff appraisals for managers who are direct reports setting out training and development programs as required.
- Production and maintenance of a regional management succession plan ensuring all training and development requirements to maintain the plan are implemented
Health & Safety
- All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
- Interface with surveyors, designers, buyers, estimators, Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) Department and Human Resource (HR) Department.
- Interface with Clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, utilities companies, Local Authorities
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
- The successful candidate will be qualified to at least HNC level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent but will preferably have attained chartered engineer status and hold a relevant degree or equivalent
- Applicants should possess senior management experience combined with good M&E technical knowledge.
- Detailed commercial, design, financial and project knowledge of multi-discipline contracts.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills – ability to build and maintain effective working relationship/s
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines
- Applicants should also be able to demonstrate a proven accounts and financial management track record.
- Ability to provide effective management skills to site based team/s.
- Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service
- Possess clear and confident written and verbal communication skills
The core management competency framework for the position are:
- Providing Direction – creates a clear understanding of what needs to be achieved and provides the necessary guidance.
- Obtaining Results Through People – supports, challenges and develops others so that they can give their best and deliver against expectations.
- Drive For Excellence – manages activities to ensure high standards are achieved in all areas
- Teamwork – manages the team to maximise their contributions and effectiveness, influencing personal commitments.
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
- Planning, Organising & Executing – plans ahead, organises and schedules activities and resources, monitoring the execution against timescales and plans.
- Commercial/ Financial Awareness – understands and applies commercial and financial principals, viewing issues in terms of costs, profits/ returns, budget control, markets and added value.
- Risk Management – effectively manages risks and ensures that the interests of the business, others and self are protected.
- Customer Awareness – effectively manages relationships in the supply chain, responsive to the needs of the customer, aims to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Health, Safety Environmental – effectively manages HSE aspects within the business, ensuring compliance and welfare of team members.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions should be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
If you think that you have the right experience and personality for this role, then please apply by forwarding your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference – EBS-2163.