Emtec Group is one of the UK's leading construction and building services contractors. Our services include mechanical and electrical engineering, facility services, renewable energy & technologies.
The position, reporting to the Group SHEQ Manager, is to provide advice and support to the group of companies on all matters in relation to safety, health, environment and quality.
- provide advice and support in relation to compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation as well as ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001.
- assist with the investigation of incidents to establish the root cause and preventative measures.
- produce SHEQ management reports, safety alerts etc. as required.
- resolve SHEQ issues through effective corrective and preventative measures.
- conduct site inspections / audits to programme / targets.
- facilitate delivery of training as required.
- develop / review safe systems of work (SSoW) in collaboration with Project Engineers / Managers.
- attend meetings with internal and external clients as required.
- evaluate the competence of subcontractors.
- carry out general administrative functions as required such as updating the training matrix.
The successful applicant will:
- have NEBOSH General or Construction certificate as a minimum or working towards.
- have current membership of IOSH (this is desirable but is not a prerequisite).
- have knowledge and experience in the operation, implementation, and management of health, safety, environmental and quality management systems within a construction and building services environment.
- have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- be organised and able to manage their own workload.
- be able to communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with colleagues and clients.
If you think that you have the right experience and personality for this role then please apply quoting reference 2110 - EGM.
Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE