Emtec Property Services Ltd is looking to recruit an experienced Site Manager within our Kilmarnock Office. You will report directly to the Construction Manager.
You will be responsible for assisting with the pre construction phase, planning, execution and delivery of the project from start to finish - providing a quality service to ensure maximum profitability of the business.
You should be comfortable with working in a fast track environment on projects ranging from new build to refurbishment of values in the region of circa £50K to £2/3 million
• Responsible for the co-ordination and control of the project from start to finish – from design stage through to completion and handover. You will also be responsible for overseeing the project during the defects liability period maintaining a defects tracker and ensuring continuous customer care
• Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring the works the progress as planned bringing the project to a successful completion – on time and within budget
• Create and maintain good relations with clients, design teams and parties associated with the works
• Ensure timely management of any unforeseen delays. Circumstances of the delay are recorded and communicated to relevant parties be it a client and/or subcontractor delay. In the event and EOT request is made it is essential records which demonstrate the delay and any contributing factors are readily available.
• Regular monitoring of the works in line with the contract program
• Liaise with the Construction Manager on a regular basis to ensure adequate labour and subcontract resource is available in line with the contract program (complete and maintain a procurement schedule to ensure trades are appointed in accordance with program needs)
• Carryout weekly tool box talks (or as and when required) – TBT must be recorded on the company record sheets and issued to SHEQ every Friday
• Carryout weekly site inspections – site inspections must be recorded on the company record sheets and issued to SHEQ every Friday
• Completion of daily site diaries
• Ensure site accommodation/facilities are kept clean & tidy.
• Maintain weekly plant registers and ensure effective management/use of plant – when not in use off hire – on occasion is may be prudent to purchase rather than hire however all purchases must be pre agreed with the Construction Manager
• Carry out safety inspections and fulfil the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as directed and detailed within the company’s policy documents
• Requisition all materials required (where applicable) in adequate time in line with the construction program. Prior to ordering ensure you cross reference between the BofQ and drawings and if required highlight any anomalies
• Effectively communicate with the design team to ensure timely release of information. Issue RFI’s and maintain and RFI register
• Supervise, manage and drive all members of the site team including effective management of sub contractors. Hold regular meetings with subcontractors which should be recorded on minutes and issued for record purposes. All communications with subcontractors should be in writing - email (within reason) and also copied to the job email address
• All emails issued are to be copied to the job email address provided
• Ensure workmanship is to an acceptable standard and in line with contract drawings and specification. Ensure subcontractors are compliant with the design/specification and highlighted any discrepancies if required.
• Maintain close relations with the Construction Manager and Contract Surveyor regarding cost control, variations and confirmation of instructions. Raise CVI’s where applicable and maintain a CVI schedule.
• Prepare contract progress reports for presentation at the weekly/monthly client progress meetings – RFI & CVI schedules to accompany this report
• Maintain an AI schedule
• Issue Site Instructions where applicable (cross reference) – maintain an SI schedule
• Create and maintain drawing registers – ensure drawings are issued and recorded to relevant subcontractors prior to site start and for the duration of the works
Requirements of the Role are:
• The successful candidate will be qualified to at least HNC level of Construction Management
• Applicants should possess previous experience in a similar role – this is a somewhat self sufficient role. You will be responsible for managing and driving the works on a daily basis with interim support from the Construction Manager
• Experience of working with/managing multi-discipline trades
• Excellent Customer Service Skills – ability to build and maintain effective working relationship/s
• High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and driven to meet deadlines
• Good record keeping skills (most of our forms and procedures are computer based thus you must be IT literate and confident using a laptop)
• Good people management skills
• Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service
• Possess clear and confident written and verbal communication skills
If you think that you have the right experience and personality for this role, then please send your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference 2081-EPS.
Hours will be Monday to Thursday, 8.30am – 4.30pm and Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm.
The Emtec Group are a Living Wage Employer
NO AGENCIES PLEASE