• Due to recent internal promotions there is a vacancy within Emtec Facility Services for a Supervisor.
Aims and Objectives
• This role involves supervising the engineers, sub-contractors and contracts that are being managed by the Contracts and Technical Manager.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• To ensure that the operations, planned preventative, repairs and small works are carried out safely, efficiently and cost effectively
• To keep abreast of current industry standards and good practice, ensuring existing systems are in line with current developments
• To attend client meetings which include, but are not exclusive to, Owners, FM's, Consultants, Managing Agents
• To ensure Health and Safety procedures and practices are maintained on all contracts and at all times ensure all works are carried out in accordance with Company Procedures
• To carry out site inductions as requested by the client
• To regularly monitor the quality and safe practices of Emtec FS Operatives
• To regularly monitor the quality and safe practices of our sub-contractors
• To carry out surveys when required on specific sites
• To produce defect reports as per contract requirements
• To liaise with the Contracts Manager, Contract Administrator, Helpdesk, and Engineers
• To carry out appraisals and reprimands for all engineers under your remit
• To assist in planning the work load for the branches and direct employees
• To overcome labour resource problems by means of management communication and planning
• To maintain a close working relationship with your clients
• Produce quotations for defects or at the request of the client
• To develop, motivate, and provide training for all employees under your remit
• To carry out site audits
• To carry out site logbook audits
• Review Engineers reports
• Review Engineers time sheets
• Model the behaviour that you desire and expect from others
• Assist the Helpdesk in overcoming resource and technical issues
• Carry out toolbox talks with the Engineers
• Manage own time and priorities
• Work on your own initiative
• In addition to the above duties you will be expected to undertake all reasonable tasks as directed by your Line Manager
Health and Safety
• All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
• Interface with internal business units (Contracts Managers, Engineers, Helpdesk and Admin)
• Interface with Clients, Consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Skills
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
• Experience of working in a building facilities services environment
• Capable of working with minimum supervision
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent communications and organisational skills
• Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
• Multi-skilled engineer
• Experience in people management
• Experience in sub-contractor management
• Experience attending client meetings
To apply please download an application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 26th August 2015.
Emtec Group are an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage employer.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES