Air Source Heat Pump
Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHP) take in energy from the air outdoors and converts this into usable energy for hot water and heating. They are attached to external walls that feed into the property. Although heat pumps require an electricity supply, they produce three times as much energy than conventional boilers, meaning they are much more energy efficient and cost effective.
Why choose ASHP?
- There is no planning permission required to install energy efficient heat pumps
- It can produce heat from the air even when temperatures are as low as -15° C
- They are quicker and easier to install than alternative ground source heat pumps
- Minimal maintenance is required once an ASHP is installed
- This may provide potential income through the Non-Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
How does an Air Source Heat Pump work?
- Air is collected through a vent from the outdoors
- The pump compresses the air and releases it at a higher temperature using electricity
- The heat is stored in a hot water cylinder and supplies heating and hot water throughout the day
- Connection to the electricity network allows any excess power to be fed back to the grid
Good for business. Good for the environment.
ASHP offers a much cleaner, greener way to produce heat energy. Unlike fossil fuels, it is kind to the environment. Installing such a system won’t only do wonders for your energy bills, it’ll do wonders for the environment too.
For more information, see our new website here.